Translate

Samstag, 9. März 2013

HAWAII

From the 13.-21February I stayed in Hawaii. I had the most amazing time of my exchange year! I met so many new people, I hung out with friends from switzerland and I got to see so many nice places.
on the first day I met Rahel in Salt Lake City and we arrived together around 4pm at the Honolulu Airport. At the Hotel we finally met Lukas, a friend who lives in Switzerland too. Then later in the evening we met Stefanie and it was so good to see them.
On thursday we started the trip around the isle. We saw some nice beaches, an old turtle, ate some shave ice and in the evening we had a good dinner and spent time at the beach.
On Friday after breakfast we had to get ready for hiking. The plan was to leave at 8.50 but we stucked in the elevator for like 1hour. It was freaking hot and we couldn't sit because we were like 15 people in a really small elevator. But finally we got out and drove to the diamond head, an active volcano. the hiking was just like 30minutes and the view was amazing! After we got back to the hotel we spent the time at the beach and for dinner we had a pizza party at the beach where we also spent the evening.
On Saturday we got up at 6.15am because we visited Pearl Harbor. We couldn't go to the USS Arizona Memorial because it was to windy but Pearl Harbor is such an impressing place and I will never forget it. After that we spent again time at the beach and at 4pm we left to go to the 2nd biggest mall in the USA. We didn't go shopping but we had dinner at the bubba gump restaurant and after that we took the bus back to waikiki to spend the evening again on the beach.
On Sunday we could sleep in because we were the last group who went to the katamaran. so we had to be ready at 2.15 and before that we spent the time at the beach. On the katamaran we saw some wales and seaturtles. It was really nice but the waves were so big that a lot of people got wet. For dinner we went to a small steak house and after that we went shopping in waikiki.
Monday morning we slept in again because we were again the last group. we went snorkeling to the hanauma bay. It was really cool but it was nice but we just saw some fishes so we spent a lot of time just laying on the beach. For dinner we went to the Hard Rock Cafe and had some awesome burgers. After dinner we went shopping again and had a fun night.
Tuesday was already our last day in hawaii. The day started with that we had freetime until 3.45. We had to meet in the hotel and then we left to the luau. Thats like a Hula-Party. We ate a lot, took a group picture (98 people) and we saw the show of the dancers. and of course we learned hula dancing but that was actually kinda weird hahaa.
On wednesday we had to be ready at 10am to put our baggage in a room where we could leave it the whole day. We spent our last day at the beach and went a little bit shopping. I arrived back home on Thursday at 11pm and Friday my hostmom let me sleep in that I go back to school a little bit later.
Now it's already march and I should get my fligh informations pretty soon. I'm really excited for going home but it's gonna break my heart. Spring is almost here and it gets warmer and warmer. I can't wait to spend the days with my friends outside.
The Track season finally started and as usual I'm in pain again. I have shin splint and I kinda twisted my ankle. But I have a lot of fun even the meets are cold and you always have to wait till everyone is done. That's another reason I can't wait that it gets warm!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen